If you’re planning your first home renovation project, you’re probably feeling a mix of excitement and anxiety. Home renovations can transform your living experience and improve your comfort and quality of life, but the process of making these renovations can be costly and time-consuming and exhaust homeowners with an endless stream of decisions.
1. Understand the goals of your renovation.
2. Solicit quotes from multiple contractors to find the best value.
3. Have a financing plan in place before you start the project.
4. Give yourself a financial cushion to cover unexpected costs.
5. If money is tight, appliances and finishing surfaces are one way to cut costs.